Torrance got the fever people.*
I think part of living in a developing country is getting sick. A LOT. We mostly just refer to it as “bad stomach” and get on with our lives (the previously mentioned .80 cent street food might have something to do with this). On the plus side, most of the expats I know have lost weight. The downside is obvious.
Yesterday afternoon I developed a raging fever out of nowhere (I’m fine now, mom, I promise!). I was already at work, so I taught one class before giving up and going home. That class was AWESOME. I was super loopy and out of it, so here’s what I had my class of 13-year-old girls do:
- Played Uno for 20 minutes (I accidentally kept swearing when I lost, which they loved)
- Sat around and smelled Mr. Sketch scented markers for a while
- Watched the Despicable Me 2 trailer a couple times, and then watched this guy 5 or 6 times
- Did one activity from the book
- Did a nonsense “um, write a sentence in present perfect continuous and then draw a picture of it” activity I made up on the spot, but mostly just colored and watched music videos. I made them watch the Call Your Girlfriend, which they did not like, and Countdown, which they did like
And that was it! I am such a good teacher.
*Movie quote for Taryn.
blog comments powered by Disqus